Which? recently announced its annual survey results for the best and the worst high street shops in the UK for 2019. The survey is based on the feedback of several thousands of customers who visited the shops.
The survey results can help you discover the best high street items and get the best value for your money. For a stress-free shopping experience, go baggage-free with LEFTIT, a luggage storage service that’s available across the UK.
All you have to do to use the left luggage service of LEFTIT is visit our website, enter the city or postcode of the area closest to your shopping destination, specify the number of bags to store and the duration of storage.
Show your email confirmation and drop your baggage at the authorised LEFTIT spot, and you can shop with complete peace of mind while your luggage is taken care of at our luggage storage zone.
The Best on the High Street
- Richer Sounds – The home entertainment retailer made it to the top of the list with a customer score of 89%. Customers were all praise for the retailer’s in-store experience. Topping the list of customer experiences were the retailer’s way of paying for customers’ parking and having their purchases brought to their cars.
- Rohan – The outdoor clothing and footwear specialist occupied the top spot with 87% customer rating. The high quality of the retailer’s products and expert advice have been the key reasons for its top ranking.
- John Lewis – The departmental store chain grabbed the top spot with 86% customer rating. John Lewis is the only store in the general retailer category to achieve the top rating. The retailer seems to have impressed its customers on several counts including their well-designed store and a good parking facility. Topping the list of reasons for the top rating is the high-quality of the products.
- Hotter Shoes – The footwear specialist occupied the top spot with 84% customer rating. Excellent product quality and expert guidance are the key reasons for the retailer’s top ranking.
The Worst on the High Street
- Sports Direct – The country’s largest sports retailer made it to the worst list due to its “very oppressive atmosphere”. The sports company scored 54% in customer rating.
- Homebase – The shop for home improvement and garden products scored 53% in customer rating. Customers told that they found it difficult to move around the aisles and that the overcrowded shelves were making it difficult to find the items they needed. They also complained that it was difficult to find store staff for assistance.
- JD Sports and River Island – The sports fashion retailer and the high street fashion retailer respectively, appeared on the worst list, both scoring 56% in customer rating.
- WHSmith – The high street shop has repeatedly appeared at the bottom of the worst list for the past few years. The chain received a customer score of 50%. Customers criticised the shop for its cramped interiors, poor service and lack of value for their money.
Shop till You Drop with LEFTIT Luggage Storage
We hope the above list comes in handy as you explore the UK’ biggest and best cities. Add to the convenience of your shopping with LEFTIT luggage storage service. You can avail our baggage storage service for just £5 per item – view our locations here.
Store with a LEFTIT luggage host near you from just £5/24 hours per bag Search Now