Famous for its castles, art, rivers, Victorian arcades, parks, rugby and many more, Cardiff is a great place to visit for everyone! Here are just some of the places we think that you should visit in Cardiff.
Things to do & see
- Cardiff Castle – Perfect if you want to walk around the Norman keep, the Roman foundations and take a tour around the 18th century style apartments.
- Bute Park – With great views of the castle, this part is only a short walk away, and boasts life-like stone animals.
- Principality Stadium – Home of the Wales national rugby union team. This is a must see for any sports fan! With guided tours also available.
- National Museum Cardiff – Home to one of the largest collections of impressionist paintings in Europe, along with archaeology and geology collections.
- St John the Baptist Church – Other than the Cardiff Castle, this church is the oldest building in the city.
- Cardiff Bay – This used to be the world’s largest coal exporting port but now is a modern sports and leisure complex.
- Castell Coch (Red Castle) – Despite the Victorian renovations it still retains quite a bit of its medieval charm.
- Wales Millennium Centre – Built for its arts and performances, it houses several halls, a theatre, restaurants and shops.
- Cardiff Central Market – This is Cardiff’s biggest and oldest indoor market. The market sells everything from local produce to all sorts of different objects.
- St David’s Dewi Sant – Contains several stores from both big chains and small shops, but also including cafes and restaurants.
- Royal Arcade – This is Cardiff’s oldest shopping arcade, which has independent shops selling all kinds of items.
- The Pumping Station – A three-storey antique market located in an old Victorian pumping house. Sells things from furniture, clothes, jewellery, silverware, basically anything you can imagine.
- Castle Welsh Crafts – This is a little gift shop that sells souvenirs like toys, clothes and carved Welsh lovespoons.
- The Clink Cymru – This restaurant is a part of a rehabilitation programme for prisoners who get the chance to work and gain experience so they can get back into society. It’s recommended to book a table in advance as it gets very busy!
- The Admiral St David – This restaurant specialises in Australasian and Asia-Pacific
- Falafel Kitchen – A buffet-style salad counter, that sells Middle-Eastern food at reasonable prices.
Bars & Nightlife
- Yard Bar & Kitchen – Built on the site of the original brewery, it is one of the largest in Cardiff with a capacity of more than 800.
- Lab 22 – A sophisticated cocktail bar with a refined interior and a wide selection of cocktails.
- Old Arcade – A good’ol Welsh pub with good local ales, pub food and rugby.
If you’re planning on coming to Cardiff and need a place to store your luggage, check out our Cardiff stores below:
Store near –Escape Rooms Cardiff – Cardiff Queen Street train station & Principality Stadium Spar Cardiff – Cardiff Central train station & Principatlity Stadium
Or view all our locations here & make a booking today.
Store with a LEFTIT luggage host near you from just £5/24 hours per bag Search Now